Sunday, November 11, 2012

Preston's Nursery

Preston's nursery is almost done, finally. I tried to use things we already had instead of buying all new stuff. Some of my projects were a complete fail but others turned out better than I thought. 



Gammy bought the crib and bedding. We found the bedding at Land of Nod. I love the colors and how calming they care. Hopefully Preston snoozes well in this crib!


I already had these frames sitting in the closet. At one of my baby showers all the guests filled out cards with "Wishes for Preston." I wanted a way to display them and I like the way it turned out. I could only use 9 but eventually I want to take them all and make a book. They are really sweet and make me cry when I read them. Pregnancy hormones? 


This is the glider area. The glider is the only thing Peter and I bought. I think it was worth it because of  how comfy it is. I bet we spend many hours in it. Grandma Celia bought the rug and lamp. I think they add a nice touch. We already had this little table. I bought it year ago for $2 at a garage sale. All it needed was some paint. It is amazing what a little paint can do. 


We already had this bookshelf. All it needed was some white paint. We knocked out all the painting in one day. My Mom, Granny, Poppy, Peter and I all painted the walls, bookshelf and changing table the same day. The bookshelf is still a work in progress. We need more books. I hope Preston loves to read. I plan to read to him every night in the glider.


The changing table was Peter's desk in college. We just painted it and added new knobs. Brie's dad built the changing pad box that sits on top of it. The basket is full of diapers and lotion. 

Preston, I hope you love your nursery and enjoy being in it as much as I do. Sometimes I just sit in the glider and think about how it is going to be when you're finally here. We are so excited and counting down the days. Everyone keeps betting if you're going to be here before Thanksgiving. According to Dr. A you are going to make your appearance this week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment