Thursday, December 1, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year

We are ready for Christmas in the Healey House. Peter knows I don't hold back starting the morning after Thanksgiving. He is really great about it. He lets me turn on the Christmas music and doesn't complain when it is the first thing I want to do when I wake up. Don't worry, I give him coffee. When I was little we always put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving at Granny and Poppy's house. Why stop that tradition now?

Rhett has a stocking! Isn't it so cute? We don't have a bed, food, toys or a collar but we have a stocking. Priorities? Granny said she is getting Rhett something for Christmas. I can't wait to see what she picks out. Should be interesting.


Pottery Barn was having a great sale so I was able to get all of us new stockings. Free monogramming, free shipping and they were on sale. It was basically a steal. I think they look great. We don't have a fireplace (sad) so they will just have to hang from the TV cabinet.


Meet Carlos, the bird. David stole him from the Christmas tree during our wedding at The City Club. He later confessed when I kept seeing Carlos appear in several of our wedding photos. David took Carlos home with him. Because the crime had already been committed and I couldn't do anything about it, I thought it made more sense for Peter and I to have Carlos. He has been on our tree the past two years and hopefully he will be every year. It's a fun wedding memory.

Here is a full view of the finished product. Sorry about all the bad iPhone pictures. It's just so easy to take them with the iPhone.


The day after Thanksgiving Stef and I attempted our first Pinterest project: a ruffled tree skirt. It was fun and successful. I am impressed that I actually made that from 4 yards of linen.


Tomorrow Rhett is 6 weeks old. Only 2 more weeks until he comes home. Here are the most recent pictures of Rhett. He's a cutie!



2 comments:

  1. I love the Carlos story! That is such a great wedding memory and even better that you get to show off Carlos each Christmas. And your tree skirt ruffle looks fantastic. Totally cute. Keep sharing pics of little Rhett please!!! He's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rhett! He's adorable. And wow! Good job on the tree skirt. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete