Friday, September 9, 2011

Mad Men and Randoms

I have become obsessed with Mad Men. Mad Men and Friday Night Lights have been the only shows we have watched since the start of summer. Usually the summer makes for bad TV but this by far has been the best TV summer ever.

Mad Men is such a great show. I am so intrigued by it. It seems like it would have been a fun era to be part of......minus the smoking, drinking, cheating, and male dominating aspects. It's fun and scary to think that Peter's dad, Granny and Poppy were all part of this time. I can already picture Granny sporting all the 60's fashion. I now understand why her handbag and cigarette case always matched.

Better Draper (January Jones) is one of the main characters in Mad Men. I want to be Betty Draper....again, minus the whole divorce, bitchiness and cheating aspects. I think she is just so beautiful. I love all her clothes and how classy they are. Side note: I have heard that in real life January Jones isn't pleasant to be around. This makes me feel a little better, ha.





I know I will never be Betty Draper or even look like her. But I can still dream and attempt to dress like her every now and then. I just bought a new dress from the Mad Men collection at Banana Republic. I am going to wear it to one of the upcoming weddings we are going to. I think it will look great with black patent shoes and clutch. Sorry about the bad iPhone picture of the dress.


Now moving on to random things.......

My really sweet, genuine, creative and fun friend, Jess, made me this cute TCU wreath for football season. I was so excited to put it on our door. Maybe they will start winning now! Side note: Jess is a Baylor grad but I won't hold that against her. :-) Don't you just love it?! Thanks again Jess. Go Frogs!

1 comment:

  1. Aww... thanks Ash! You are too sweet about the wreath. Now that the TCU and BU game is out of the way, I hope the wreath brings you guys a great season!

    ReplyDelete