Sunday, September 4, 2011

Let's Art Party Masterpiece

About 10 girls and I purchased a Living Social coupon for Let's Art Party, a BYOB art class. Last week we finally found a date that worked for everyone. It was really fun but I won't be quitting my day job for an art career! I'll leave the painting to Stef.

There was an instructor who led the class and took us step by step through the process of this flower painting. We learned how to mix colors, use different brush sizes and strokes and how to "commit" (quoted from the instructor) once we started painting.

Step 1 was to blend the background color, darker on the edges. Step 2 was to paint the center of the flowers.


Step 3 was the hardest: "committing" to your flower petal placement and shape. I personally think my petals look like a 2nd grader painted them.



I take that back. Step 4 was probably the most difficult, as you can see above. We were suppose to make the centers look different and give each flower a little variety. Apparently I must have a fear of "commitment" because my flowers look a little sad.


This was the finished product. Step 5 was to add the "whimsical" stems. Not too impressive but it was a fun time with great friends. Please take time to admire my monogram in the right bottom corner. Oh, and did I mention that I came home from work Friday and Peter had hung my masterpiece in the study?












No comments:

Post a Comment