Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pillow Talk

I have to admit I have the best husband ever. I am one lucky girl. He puts up with a lot, one of those things being my obsessiveness. I am the planner and he is the laid back one. We make a great pair but sometimes we have to have a good sense of humor to handle each other.

This is a perfect example:
I like things to be in order and the same way every time (in all aspects of life). I like the pillows on the bed to arranged the same way every time the bed is made. It gives me anxiety if the pillows are off. Except for the summer, I leave the house before Peter so he is the one making the bed. Peter, knowing how particular I am about the pillows, arranges them in a different way each morning. When I get home from work I always have a fun surprise waiting for me on the bed. At first this would drive me crazy! However, now I kinda enjoy it. I know each morning when he is making the bed he is thinking of me and smiling about how worked up I will get when I see the pillows "messed up." The pictures below are just a preview of the past week.


Monogrammed pillows sideways.

One pillow upside down.

Two pillows on the end instead of in front.

Just a hot mess of pillows!

I guess this is just a prime example of marriage. I am grateful that he even makes the bed before he leaves! Little things like this make me realize how lucky I am to have someone who can put up with me.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is unbelievable! I can remember when we had to step over a 3 foot pile of clothes on your bedroom floor just to wake you up in the mornings for school. I knew the nagging would all pay off someday, just wasn't sure when it was going to kick in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. I laughed until I cried then I read it out loud to Jon. He laughed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is greatness!!! I can totally relate. But just wait...after 9 years of marriage, he eventually drags you over to his side. :) I would like to say it goes the other way...but I don't lie to good friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete