Thursday, March 3, 2011

A name?

I have wanted to start a blog for awhile. The only problem was that I couldn't think of a name. I feel like the name of your blog sets the tone for the whole thing. I wanted a name that could be used for different stages of my life, now and maybe 10 years from now. My friend Megan has been trying to convince me to start a blog for awhile so she helped me brainstorm. Just like I tell my students, I started writing down random things I felt related to me....Healey, TCU, Springhill, house, home, happy, heart....and we came up with Healey House and Home. A little cheesey, YES, but I started to think about it and felt that it was a great fit. I looked up the definitions of house and home and realized they are very different and both apply to my life now and in the future. Peter and I just bought our first house (the physical place we live) and are building a home together (how we feel in our house and life in general). So there you have it, Healey House and Home it is!

2 comments: